Contact: Katie Edmiston | Marketing Manager
February 17, 2022
NCODA Stands United with Biden Administration on Cancer Moonshot
(CAZENOVIA, NY) – NCODA has always been committed to empowering the medically integrated oncology team to deliver positive, patient-centered outcomes by providing leadership, expertise, quality standards and best practices. Our Vision is simple: to be the world leader in oncology by building a patient-centered medically integrated community so every patient receives the maximum benefit from their cancer treatment. We stand united with the Biden Administration regarding their commitment to relaunching the Cancer Moonshot. NCODA, like Cancer Moonshot, is committed to working collaboratively to improve the experience of oncology patients and survivors.
From day one, NCODA’s focus has been on creating unique tools and resources for oncology healthcare providers and the patients they serve. We have collaborated with leaders from community cancer centers as well as academic teaching hospitals and health systems to develop cancer care resources that improve patient outcomes.
The original Cancer Moonshot program made great advances in cancer research, treatment and improved patient care. Although much progress has been made, new goals have been outlined as part of the relaunch of the program. NCODA is committed to pushing forward with our Mission to provide tools and resources that meet the Biden Administration’s stated goal of “improving the experience of people and their families living with and surviving cancer.”
Together, NCODA and our diverse membership we will continue to:
- Host platforms for oncology healthcare professionals to continue work and conversations surrounding improving equity in access, patient support, and navigation;
- Improve speed to therapy for cancer patients by supporting the strong operations of the medically integrated oncology practice model;
- Support patients and caregivers with the continued development of Positive Quality Intervention (PQI) documents, and Oral Chemotherapy Education (OCE) and Intravenous Cancer Treatment Education (IVE) sheets;
- Produce new innovative tools that eliminate barriers and improve the current resources available for patients; and
- Work with oncology stakeholders to ensure an “all-hands-on-deck” approach that is patient-centered and addresses the needs of the oncology care community.
Advances in oncology therapeutics over the last decade provides great optimism, but also makes the job of the healthcare team even more important. Our Mission at NCODA is to empower the medically integrated oncology team to deliver positive, patient-centered outcomes by providing leadership, expertise, quality standards and best practices.
Working together, we become stronger.
NCODA is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to empowering medically integrated oncology practices to deliver positive, patient-centered outcomes by providing leadership, expertise, quality standards, and best practices. For more information about NCODA visit www.ncoda.org or follow @NCODAorg on Twitter.