QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENROLLMENT
- CPhT practicing in an oncology pharmacy setting for a minimum of 12 months
- Not a CPhT, but practicing in an oncology pharmacy setting for a minimum of 24 months
- Must meet the requirements for state licensure as a pharmacy technician
Get started below.
“I feel honored to be one of the first technicians to receive OPTA’s new Oncology Pharmacy Technician Certification. Receiving this certification provides me with confidence in the work that I do for oncology patients. It brings value to the practice and demonstrates to the providers that I am dedicated to my role and knowledgeable in oncology.”
– Janine Brodeur, CPhT, COPhT, cCare
1. Create a Prolydian account.
2. Apply for certification by logging in your Prolydian account.
3. Once approved, you will receive an email and authorization to schedule your exam.
total program cost
- Application Fee: $25- Non-refundable
- Exam Fee: $125- No refunds if the exam has been started
- Re-exam if fail: $75
- Must wait 90 days to retest but not to exceed 6 months from the initial testing date
Renewal Requirements and Fees:
To keep your certification, you must submit recertification requirements within a 3-month window of your recertification date, or you may lose your credential. Late submissions are subject to a late fee. Additional requirements are listed below.
- Complete and maintain documentation of 20 hours of continuing education over the 2-year period. Did you know? NCODA offers complimentary CE to members through NCODA University. These hours should include:
16 hours Oncology/Hematology
- 2 hours Pharmacy Safety
1 hour Cultural/Diversity
1 hour Leadership
- Submit the renewal application and pay a $50 renewal fee
- Late fee: $45 (You will be emailed instructions on how to pay this fee after submitting your renewal application.)
- If certificant fails to reinstate within 3 months of their recertification date, they must sit for the exam again to re-certify
- $125- Waived application fee with a copy of the current license
NCODA Oncology Pharmacy Technican Certification is led by:
Taryn Newsome, CPhT
Cost Avoidance Waste Tracker
PQI in Action
Treatment Support Kits
PSO Annual Meeting
P.O. Box 468
Cazenovia, NY 13035
NCODA is a 501(c)(3) Organization