To provide high quality, cost-effective health care that delivers the best value to the people we serve in a spiritual environment of caring in association with internationally recognized teaching and research.
Houston Methodist Hospital Texas Medical Center
12 Physicians: Medical oncology, breast oncologist and hematologists.
5 medical oncologist on their oral chemotherapy
Practice site is QOPI accredited.
INTRODUCTION TO PHARMACY SERVICES STAFF W/BRIEF BIO:
None, all orders for PO chemotherapy are sent out to specialty pharmacy
IV chemo, radiation, BMT
WHY DID YOU JOIN NCODA?
I joined NCODA due to involvement in oral chemotherapy in my practice.
HOW DID YOU BECOME A MEMBER?
I looked up the NCODA online and the benefits of membership were remarkable.
HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT US?
Through HOPA conference 2018. I visited the OCE table and I have been using the sheets in my practice since then. I really didn’t take a closer look at the organization until this year.
HOW CAN NCODA HELP YOU?
Continued involvement in the organization and engagement with key-stakeholders
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE MORE INVOLVED WITH NCODA?
Continued involvement with OCE team, attendance of conferences, speaking at conferences, NCODA APPE rotation at Texas Southern University College of Pharmacy and health sciences (fall 2020/spring 2021) as well as NCODA student organization (fall 2020/spring 2021)
WHAT ARE SOME CHALLENGES YOU FACE NOW OR WILL FACE IN THE FUTURE OF ONCOLOGY?
- Keeping up with the changes in practice and use of medications, new indications, biosimilars etc.
- Continuous integration with all key stakeholders: Payers, Nursing, physicians, patients
- Advocacy for policy changes that will decrease health disparity for patients on oral chemotherapy
- Leveraging on our strength as a community
- Sharing grant writing resources and collaboration